The kids are back in school, but it’s also a reminder to us in the geosynthetics industry that it is never too late to learn and network as we continue to grow as professionals.
Conferences and industry events provide an ideal venue for geosynthetics installers, such as International Lining Technology, to further our knowledge of the latest technology and materials available, as well as build better relationships with vendors, industry leaders and potential clients.
Here’s a list of some industry events that you might be interesting in attending.
- International Congress on Environmental Geotechnics (Nov. 10-14 in Melbourne, Australia): The international conference brings together researchers and industry professionals to discuss the advances in environmental geotechnics. Themes of particular interest to us are developments in geosynthetics for environmental protection, waste containment facilities closure and aftercare, and containment and management of waste.
- GMA Capitol Hill Lobby Day 2014 (Nov. 18-19 in Washington, D.C.): The Geosynthetic Materials Association is hosting several activities in the nation’s capital to increase the awareness of our industry to policy makers on Capitol Hill. It’s an opportunity for you to find out what is happening in Washington, D.C., in regards to geosynthetics.
- Geosynthetics Conference (Feb. 15-19, 2015 in Portland, Oregon): It is one of the premier events in our industry. The conference, presented by the Industrial Fabrics Association International, attracts about 1,500 geotechnical professionals and experts. A technical program includes short courses for PDH credit, technical sessions, plenary lectures including one on geosynthetic installation, and panel discussions. Also, an exhibition hall will be filled with top manufacturers and service providers, as well as buyers wandering the various booths.
- Techtextil North America (June 2-4, 2015 in Houston, Texas): The symposium will run concurrently with JEC Americas trade show in technical textiles, nonwovens, geosynthetics and composites. In 11 sessions, industry experts will cover advances in a wide range of topics including new fiber technology, smart textiles, geosynthetics, protective, sustainability and nonwoven advancements. Networking opportunities are abundant in this arena.
- 15th Asian Regional Conference (Nov. 9-13, 2015 in Kyushu, Japan): The International Geosynthetics Society will be holding a special session on geosynthetics engineering at the conference presented by the International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. The theme is “New Innovations and Sustainability.”
Please share with us what other events help further your business and industry knowledge.